Packing may seem simple, but it is a science that travelers often learn it the hard way after traveling thousands of miles on the road. If your packing strategy is good, the travel can be awesome, and everything is at your fingerprint, but if your travel packing is not good, it can cause a lot of issues for you.
Here I have some tips for packing in the right way for your next travel by minimizing your load and a lot of other essential things.
Follow these tips to pack effectively and efficiently for any of your trips.
The suitcase selection depends on your travel plan, whether it is short term travel or a long trip. The bigger your suitcase means the more things you will put into it. So, choose wisely. You should buy a hard-sided suitcase with no more than 22 inches tall.
You should choose your clothes wisely. Bringing too many clothes is an extra load for you. Choose no more than five sets of socks and underwear, two pairs of shoes, and four tops. You can also bring swimsuits and exercise gear if you would like to. You can adjust the list according to your need.
Layout essential things
Ben Nickel-D’Andrea said, that Think twice about everything you want to put in your bag. I usually only carry one bag and backpacks for ten days of travel. Just put all of the unnecessary things from the bag. If in case you need it you can even buy it.
You should pack all of the things very wisely so that there is not an inch of empty space. For example, footwear should be packed with socks. Pack your shoes in a plastic shopping bag to protect other clothes and place them in the bottom of the bag. Everyone has their own preference for packing his stuff. Few packing tips are:
- Roll all of your clothes. It helps to minimize wrinkles and maximize the space of the bag.
- Arrange clothes in a bundle on the side of the bag. Wrap all of your clothes around a central core, put your T-shirts and underwear at the center, and your tailored items like dresses and blazers in an outer layer.
- Try to use packing cubes. This will help you to keep your outfits in an ordered form.
Always keep your liquids in the easy reach because you might need them very quickly. Matthew Klint said that toiletries should always be placed on top of your suitcase in a clear bag since you never know when T.S.A. might be interested in looking.
Always keep your toiletry things in a separate toiletry kit during all of the travels. Keeping a set of all bathroom products helps you not to forget anything during your morning, and it saves a lot of time finding all of the products. You should pack all of the toiletries items in a box in a drawer for easy access. And don’t forget to double up the plastic bag to prevent any leakage.
Travel Packing Checklist
- I prefer to stick with one or two color patterns, so outfits are easier to coordinate.
- Four to five tops, types will depend on the reason for travel and weather.
- Three bottoms, types will depend on the reason for travel and weather.
- One semi-formal outfit, like a dress or a suit
- Six undergarments.
- Two sets of exercise clothes, including socks ( if needed).
- Six socks/stockings.
- Two sets of sleepwear and pajamas.
- One lightweight foldable jacket and foldable rain jacket
- Three pairs of shoes: stylish sneakers, a dressy pair, that double as walking and workout shoes.
- Inexpensive jewelry (if needed)
- Two bags: a tote or backpack and a smaller crossbody or clutch.
- A voltage adapter, if you are traveling internationally.
- Dental supplies: toothpaste, toothbrush, and floss
- Soap, conditioner, and shampoo.
- Makeup and makeup remover (if needed).
- A hairbrush and other accessories like bobby pins ( if needed).
- Face moisturizer and cleanser
- Hand sanitizer
- Body moisturizer
- Shaving supplies (if needed).
The essential thing to bring during travel
- Phone charger / portable phone charger
- E.U. adapters
- Flip flops (for the hostel bathrooms)
- Water bottle
- Sun cream
- Any paperwork you may need